The Founder Institute is an intensive 4 month program designed to help someone with a business idea turn it into a reality. The goal is to provide a “network of startups and mentors that helps entrepreneurs launch meaningful and enduring technology companies.” This is not just a series of workshops, but is a hands-on, practical course which expects each participant to build their company. As Ramon says, it is a “reality check” for a lot of would-be entrepreneurs.
Helping the participants along the way are experienced entrepreneurs and business leaders, brought in from all over the world to share their knowledge and provide guidance. Participants themselves are motivated to help each other through the program’s ‘Bonus Pool’. In order to join the Founder Institute, each participant must give up a small percentage of their business which goes into this pool. As each new company succeeds, everyone gets a share of the success.
There are a lot of smart people with good ideas in Belgium, but turning an idea into a business is not a skill you learn in public school. Take some time, listen to our interview with Ramon, and then check out the Founder Institute. If you sign up before September 11th, the test fee (€40) will be waived.
- Twickets becomes TwitSpark and is now being tested by customers (http://twitspark.com) – See our post
- Café Numérique restarts after the summer break with a new schedule, every Wednesday alternating at Coco and l’Amour Fou (http://www.cafenumerique.be)
- Betagroup, Sept 21, at the ULB – Room UD2-120 (http://betagroup.be)
- Ignite Brussels, Sept 22 @ 20h00, Solvay Campus (http://www.tempocode.net/ignite/)
- Web Performance Meetup, Sept 22 @ 19h30, Beta Coworking space
- Apps Marathon, Sept 26 (http://www.appsmarathon.eu/)